Michele,
Sorry to hear about Rascal, but know that there is a great chance that all will be well after this hump you guys are handeling right now.

Kittens can be vaccinated at 12 weeks, or so I am told they can also be tested earlier than that, I just vaccinated a 11 week old and all seems to be fine with her.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Cherie

Michele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We have a cat named Rascal. He is 2.5 years old and very much loved, and this includes my husband. He is a "7" toed tabby with a great disposition. He was diagnosed today with feline leukemia by Dr. Seely at Banfield Veternary Clinic in Grand Junction Co.
His WBC is 3.7 and his platelet count is still okay. His temperature today was 104 at the clinic. He is still drinking and eating some. I have been giving him 50cc of subQ Normal Saline and he just finished Clavamox about 4 days ago and he has been getting better since starting on Metronitazole 3 days ago. He had not been purring or meowing much until after he started on this drug.
The doctor now has added Amoxicillin to his treatment and is looking into adding Interferon as well. He is looking at where to get some for him.
We have been keeping him inside with us.
What additional treatment can be done or suggested?
Next, how young can a cat be to receive the vaccination for this and tested for this.

thank you for any information that you can help me with.
Michele Mazza
email me at: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cell msg #: 970-901-9729

PeoplePC Online