It is unfortunate that this kitten tested positive, there is high probability that she is not really positive as the test at that age is reading the antibodies from her mother's milk and she will have an excellent chance of testing negative when she is about 6 months old. It takes that long for them to develop their own antibodies if they really have FIV. Testing much before 6 months cannot show a true positive. I think it was a report from Cornell University that said the passing of FIV from mother to kittens was rare and that FIV is almost always passed by a bit wound.

Gary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Belinda Sauro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Feline Cancer Group" <feline_lymphoma@yahoogroups.com>; "FELV Off Topic Chit Chat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "FeLV Talk List [New]" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2005 1:11 AM
Subject: OT: Sorry Guys, just can't help myself :)

Ok this ad was posted today on the Post Adoptable FeLV/FIV/FIP ads, and I just can't imagine this cutest little sweetie being euthanized. This little girl is only 8 weeks old and FIV positive, I haven't seem a kitten this cute in a while, please cross post this to anyone you know. This little girl is named Buffy and really needs to be saved:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v216/firearmromance/cat/

Warning she is absolutely adorable ... she is in Florida.

--
Belinda