When I was pregnant, one of my cats used to sleep on my big belly and in the
baby
cradle. After my baby was born, my cat carefully would sleep curled up beside
her in
the cradle. I never once had any issues between any of my cats and the baby,
they all
got along wonderfully. I think most people are scared the cats will hurt the
baby, so
they stress out, and shoo the cats away from the baby, because the HUMAN
parents are
paranoid. I did nothing... and everything went great, cats loved baby, baby
didn't
care one way or another about the cat sharing her bed. Babies should be laid on
their
sides bolstered between two rolled up towels to sleep. In this position, it is
impossible for them to choke on their own spit up OR for a cat to lay on their
face
enough to hinder their breathing. As babies mature, they begin to pull fur on
the cat
if the cat tries to curl up too close... cats learn to avoid the baby on their
own,
no human discouragement is required. It's really amazing what nature works out
on
it's own if you just leave it to be, and let it run it's own course. Litter
pans do
need to be put in a non-baby accessible place one baby begins to crawl or
walk....
(obviously).

As far as rescue work goes, I would avoid doing anything that would lead to you
being
bitten by an unknown animal, as I doubt they would be able to do the rabies
treatment
on a pregnant woman without harming the fetus. You should also have all the
cats (and
other animals) you care for tested for Toxoplasmosis and parasites, and if they
have
any of those things, have them treated so that handling them and their litter,
bowls,
and bodies is not endangering your pregnancy.

Jenn
http://ucat.us
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Adopt a cat from UCAT rescue:
http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Adopt a FIV+ cat:
http://ucat.us/AWrescue/FIV/
http://ucat.us/FIVadopt.html
Adopt a FELV+ cat:
http://ucat.us/FELVadopt.html
"Saving one animal won't make a difference in the world, but it will make a
world of
difference for that one animal."
I collect KMR kitten formula labels for Bazil, a 3 yr old special needs cat who
must
live on a liquid diet for the rest of his life.
Bazil's caretaker collects labels and sends them to KMR, where they add up
until she
earns a free can of formula!
PLEASE save your KMR kitten formula labels for Bazil!

If you use KMR, even just one can, please ask me for the mailing address you
can send
them to, to help feed Bazil!