Oh, yes, I am on two FIV lists (6 years) but my FIV+ are on Itraconazole.  Emily is negative for FIV/FeLV.  Her eyes are okay, don't care about fur loss, she does have two mountain range scabs and other scabs; this am an oozy area and she whacks at it with her back foot ... told her that was a no-no.  If no improvement in another day she will begin an abx.  I am oh-so ambivalent about continuing the fulvicin ... it seems to do no good and yet would it be worse if they were not on it ... no one can answer that.

Del
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 9:37 PM
Subject: Re: OT: blue star ointment made RW worse?

How bad is her face now? Does she have open wounds, or is it just irritated and hairless? I speak from personal experience... losing hair is not that bad of a thing, my Mythic cat's allergies are so bad he is often half bald... on his entire body. It will grow back eventually (RW is temporary, unlike my poor Mythic's allergies, which are chronic). I would only worry a lot if it is causing her to get irritated in her eyes (like eruptions on the inside of the eye lids), or if it is open wounds. From what I have heard, some of the treatments for RW are 10 times more dangerous than the condition itself. On the FIV+ list a few months back there was a RW discussion, and it was noted that the medication you said your cats are on (I don't recall the name now, but I recognized it in your email) has been proven to kill FIV cats. FELV is not that much different from FIV in regards to immune system responses. You could join that group and ask them there for more info... I don't recall the details now. It's http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FivCats/

Jenn
http://ucat.us
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Adopt a cat from UCAT rescue:
http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Adopt a FIV+ cat:
http://ucat.us/AWrescue/FIV/
"Saving one animal won't make a difference in the world, but it will make a world of difference for that one animal."