I brought my last stray in immediately after her 1st and only (as far as I know) leukemia shot.  So it hadn't had time to be boostered and take effect yet.  She was "Mama Kitty" from North Carolina.  You might remember the story.  It was winter and she was better off taking her chances here so I brought her in.  As a feral that had been through everything she had been through I just felt she wouldn't catch the felv and she hasn't.  It's been about 2 years.

tonya

Kerry Roach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Kerry,
I have all my kitties together with Bandy and have since I took him in 2001...He wasn't tested then but since we found out in July about his Felv and Fiv, I couldn't separate them...The others tested neg..except 1 which was Felv + with no symptoms...They haven't been vaccinated inat least 10 yrs...and I didn't re-vaccinate them now either...I guess it is just a feeling that I go with, I don't know...I am not really worried about them getting FIV, but the Felv I don't know about either...I have a 2 yr old that is with him too and he is negative too and wasn't vaccinated until this summer...In my opinion if the kitty has a weakened immune system to begin with then maybe they will contract it, I still read about all of it, too and I just don't know what to believe...
Kerry and Bandy