Gia,

Cricket and I had a horrible experience with a large
animal vet two years ago.  If I wouldn't have taken
him home after the 18 hours of "care" that he received
from the vet, he would have died there.  He had a
horrible infection he picked up after he ripped out
all his back claws trying to claw his way up a brick
column while trying to get away from a big dog that
had gotten out of his house and went after him.  I
didn't know that his claws were gone until after I
brought him home from the vets and he recouped.  They
tested his blood for FeLV while there and I thought
that was what was wrong with him.  The vet was giving
him no IV fluid nor sustenance, after I had
specifically asked them to, and pretty much left him
in his cage.  When I finally realized what was
happening (thank God for women's instinct), I rushed
to the vet in the middle of my work day and took him
home with antibiotics.  He was pretty much lifeless;
very limp and not much responsiveness, which was
opposite of how he was when I brought him in.  I
stayed home from work for two days and gave him his
meds and water every hour and food every so often when
I felt he could handle it.  I could NOT believe that
he came back, that's how sick he was.  The vet even
told me that he'd never seen a cat come back from
being that sick.  His temperature was so high that it
went all the way to the top of the thermometer and
they couldn't tell how high it actually was.

So, in lieu of all this info., if you or anyone else
can at all avoid a primarily large animal vet, DO SO.
I guess it's kind of like asking a family practitioner
to perform a hemorrhoid-ectomy.  LOL.  No offense to
large animal practitioners; that's just the way it is.

:)
Wendy

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs