I don’t think it is FIP – I cannot be sure 100%, but from the blood work, it seems that it’s one of the other liver diseases you mentioned.  Will ultrasound hurt the kitty?  I never have done it before.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 4:29 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: need advise: diet for liver problem kitties

I don't think liver shake is necessarily bad for liver problems, but I do think you need a diagnosis of what is wrong with his liver. If it is fatty liver disease, the treatments are different than if he has lymphoma in his liver (this is what Simon had) or if he has cholangiohepatitis ( a kind of liver infection).  They can find out by doing a liver biopsy, but even an ultrasound might help. Cholangiohepatitis can be cured with antibiotics if caught in time, lymphoma can be controlled for a while with chemotherapy and steroids, and fatty liver can be overcome by forcefeeding or stomach tube and fluids and denasyl and some other things. But you need to know what the problem is.  Unfortunately, I think it may be possible for FIP to cause the liver to enlarge as well, but I have never heard of low temperature with FIP, it is usually fever.

Michelle