LOL -- I know what you mean, but Siggie would look at me like, "Yeah, yeah, whatever" and continue to stalk.

Maybe I'll take another crack at it....

Terri
----- Original Message -----
From: Dudes
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 12:24 AM
Subject: Re: 20 CATS...

Nina,
I have to thank you, thank you, thank you because I took your advice, and it's totally worked!  I did go to bed after this email, and I had a talk with Cricket!  My husband was working late, so I had the perfect opportunity to do it without feeling silly, and I thought what the heck, I will try it.

As she sat on my chest and kneaded my neck like she always does, I told her that she needed to be nicer to Cotton and it makes me sad when she attacks him and I have to yell at her.  I told her what you said, that he already knew that she was a strong girl, and that he was just a little boy, who could learn a lot from her because she's so smart.  I told her that he's sick and we might not get to have him around for very long, and it was not good for him to feel bad feelings, that it could make him sicker.  (At this point she put her paw on my mouth, but until what happened later, I thought it was just a coincidence, but I now wonder if it wasn't)  I kissed her little foot, and I told her to be patient with him until he learned to act like her-a very good girl.

Now I know that sounds like a long speech to give a cat, but I stroked her head and talked very softly and she looked at me the entire time.  Sometimes she looked away, as if she was hearing something uncomfortable, and some of the time she stared at me and seemed interested in my lips moving.  I felt better, anyway.

The next day there were NO incidents of her chasing him or stalking him.  NONE! It was the first time since he's been here.   I saw her watching him at one point, and I thanked her for being such a good big sister to him. They both looked up at me, as did Miss, who was nearby.   I could just swear that she puffed up a little and put her tail a little higher, and looked very pleased with herself!

We have not had another incident of chasing/ambushing/batting heads since.  Even when Cotton took a playful swat at her with outstretched paw, claws out as she walked by.  She just stopped for a minute and stared at him, but I could see her ear cocked at me, like she thought I might say something.  She didn't do a thing, she just walked on.  Unless I'm imagining things, she totally got it.
Anybody else ever talk to their cats and SWEAR they understand?
PEACE is nice.  I'm so happy that we have some. :)  Sandy