It depends on the vaccine brand and type. I need to know the entire vaccine name to be able to advise you. For example here are several "5 in 1" vaccines made by different companies:

Feline Focus 5, Durvet: modified live panleukopenia , rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and chlamydia, killed feline leukemia virus.

Fel-O-Vax Lv-K IV, Fort Dodge: feline leukemia, rhinotracheitis(a herpes virus), calici, panleukopenia (distemper) and chlamydia psittaci.

Eclipse 4+FeLV, Schering: modified live panleukopenia (feline distemper), rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, chlamydia, feline leukemia virus.

I'm sure there are others I did not find right off hand, but the main concern for me is that it seems that all of the 5 in one vaccines all contain feline leukemia. You should never ever NEVER give a cat that has feline leukemia the feline leukemia vaccine! NEVER!

The common given "combo" vaccine is called the FVRCP (rhinotracheitis virus, calicivirus and panleukopenia virus), and in my opinion should be the only vaccine given in a combination form. Here's where my opinion differs from the experts (but you'll see, there is logic behind it).

American Association of Feline Practitioners and the The Vaccine-Associated Feline Sarcoma Task Force (VAFSTF) recommend that vaccines containing rabies antigen be given as distally as possible in the right rear limb, vaccines containing feline leukemia virus antigen be given as distally as possible in the left rear limb, and vaccines containing any other antigens except rabies or feline leukemia virus be given on the right shoulder, being careful to avoid the midline or interscapular space.

Now, here's how I advise:
Rabies in the right rear limb, just like said above. BUT I give the FVRCP vaccine in the left rear limb, and do NOT give the FELV vaccine at all EVER. You should definately NOT give your cat the FELV vaccine, since he already has it, so I'd advise you have your vet give his rabies in his right rear leg, and his combo vaccine (3 in 1) in his left rear leg. The reason for this is because vaccines have been proven to cause cancerous tumors to grow where they are given (as often as one in every 1000 vaccines), and it's easier to amputate a rear leg than a front leg and shoulder, and it of course, impossible to amputate a neck (for those who allow their vet's to give vaccines in the scruff). I believe that vaccines should only be given once every 3 years, and many new studies do show that the FVRCP vaccine does last that long, and it is known that there are several 3 year rabies vaccines on the market now. You should seek out and specifically request NON-adjuvanted vaccines. The adjuvant seriously increases the risk of sarcoma (cancerous tumor) at the vaccine site.

The fourth component in a 5 in 1 or a 4 in 1 vaccine is chlamydia. I advise only to give it if your vet has seen cases of it in your area, and knows it's needed to protect your cat. It's not a serious virus, even if a cat gets it, and IMO, not worth the rsik of vaccine associated sarcomas:

Chlamydia is a common bacterial infection, mainly of younger cats and which mainly affects one or both eyes and perhaps some sneezing. As you mention, most cats are rarely very ill otherwise, and they should recover completely in a few weeks (the prognosis is excellent). The drug of choice for treatment is a tetracycline eye ointment (vibramycin is a tetracycline) for at least several weeks, and there should be a good response in this time.
http://www.tica.org/vet/chlamydia.htm
http://www.animalhealthchannel.com/felinechlamydiosis/

This page explains that calicivirus and herpesvirus accounts for 90% of all URI, and Chlamydia (also called Chlamydophila) only accounts for 10%:
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_feline_upper_respiratory.html
It's also very fragile, and basically you need to have direct contact with an infected cat to get contamination. Since your cat is indoors only, and you don't run a shelter, it's basically not really needed at all.
In short, if you feel you need to vaccinate at all, use a 3 way FVRCP, and rabies if legally required, but don't give anything else unless you KNOW your cat will be exposed to it in the future. I am very concerned that you vet is advising you to give a FELV+ cat a vaccine that contains FELV. That is very bad. That borders on "find a better vet asap bad".

Jenn
http://ucat.us
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Adopt a cat from UCAT rescue:
http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Adopt a FIV+ cat:
http://ucat.us/AWrescue/FIV/
Adopt a FELV+ cat:
http://ucat.us/FELVadopt.html
I collect KMR kitten formula labels for Bazil, a 3 yr old special needs cat who must live on a liquid diet for the rest of his life.
Bazil's caretaker collects labels and sends them to KMR, where they add up until she earns a free can of formula!
PLEASE save your KMR kitten formula labels for Bazil!
If you use KMR, even just one can, please email me for the NEW address to send them to!