There are a few things that I'd like to ask if you've tried.

1) plug in pherimones - sometimes relaxes the animal so they don't get so
territorial.

Are there any other animals sharing the house (their patch)? if so put them in
one room so that they develop a sense of security and keep that room free from
other animals. When they are let out supervised after a while to explore then
make sure that room is still kept free from other animals as it will be their
little secure haven.

2) Have you tried putting newspaper or a rubber backed rug with plastic sheet
under it on there toilet hotspot - you may need to gradually build up to litter
- sometimes shreaded paper or old piece of carpet in a litter box may do, or
material that you can wash.

3) Sometimes putting bits of food in there toilet hotspots helps as they won't
toilet where they eat so sometimes keep putting food down until they learn
where food doesn't go and they can safely toilet helps.

All this came from a tv program about unruly pets. Cats were toileting on
carpets etc - the trainer did all of the above and it cured itself rapidly. I'm
not saying this will work in your case but always worth a try

Michelle, Buddy, Minstrel & Angel Bramble