In a message dated 11/29/05 1:46:13 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I didn't know that the number one reason cats are
euthanized is because of their lack of litter habits;
that is SO sad.
That's exactly the reason I got the two Maine Coon boys....
Both brought to vets for euthanasia for that reason.......
Worked with a compassionate vet, who refused to euthanize for "convenience" of owner".
Both times, when working alone with that vet in evening, "victim" smuggled out, both in "Feline Protection Program".......with me!!
As far as the other vets in that practice, euthanasia was done as often as nail trims..
(As dictated by owners of practice....)
Sadly, the compassionate vet is no longer with that practice.
Her compassion was considered "insubordination".
Patti