Patti,

Even though we have never actually corresponded on the
list before personally, I just wanted to let you know
that I ALWAYS make a point to read your posts. (Been
reading your FeLVTALK posts for three (3) years now.)

Despite all of bitterness, burn-out, or ranting that
you may do, I seriously admire you for what you have
to say. You tell it like it is, without candy-coating
the truth. (And although the truth may not be pretty,
at least you are brave enough to speak it aloud!)

You know SO much about EVERYthing that I have been
trying to educate people about here locally i.e.
breeder mills, spay/neuter advocacy, animal cruelty
(misdemeanors that SHOULD be Class A felonies),
veganism, not to mention several feline
diseases/treatments, just to name a few!

I wish I had the honor of knowing YOU years ago before
your burn-out set in. (It happens to the best of us.)
And I wish we actually had the opportunity to meet.

For years now, I have been "on my own" with these
"views" that not only society looks down upon, but my
family as well! It is a breath of fresh air to hear
you (and the other members) sharing the exact same
views! I just wish there were more of us.
Unfortunately, our voices are not yet loud enough to
be heard, but they WILL be...some day.

What you refer to a BYB (Back-Yard-Breeders) is called
"Hobby Breeding" via the USDA when dealing with exotic
Sugar Gliders. Please do not let the fancy USDA
license mislead you, there is NO difference in BYB and
Hobby breeding. The license just makes it "legal" NOT
right!

It is SO sad to hear (and KNOW) that there are
inexperienced, incompetent and irresponsible human
beings that are too lazy to work, thus resort to
making a "fast buck" via breeding cats, dogs, exotics,
horses, etc.!

My mom has aggravated me for years about breeding my
rescue sugar gliders due to their rarity and financial
value, but ANYone lazy and stupid enough to make money
off ANY innocent animal is no better than pumping out
babies for the financial gain of the welfare-system!

Parents making dollars off of their kids is sick, but
alleged "responsible" pet-guardians who make money off
of their PETS is even sicker! What kind of person can
exploit innocent souls that way? You might as well be
"human trafficking" i.e. mail-order-brides, child
prostitution, etc. your own family member for there is
NO difference!

I do not apologize. You absolutely CANNOT advocate
proper spay/neuter for "some" animals and then turn
around and "breed" others! Not only is it
hypercritical, it is immoral! So many "queens" and
"runts of the little" die of birthing complications
and yet their "owners" just stand there and let the
animal suffer!

What do the breeders do? They breed MORE queens to
replace the ones who are "worn out" and sell THOSE
babies to make up for the ones who died! GAG! PUKE!

It is NO life for ANY animal! The poor souls who DO
die get off easy. God, rest their souls! It is
hell-on-earth for the ones who are fortunate to
survive...if you can ever call a breeder-mill baby
"fortuante."

Have you ever seen a "queen" who was physically "used
up" from breeding? I pray that you never have to.

Thank you SO much for sharing.

Lora

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't ever see an end to breeding.

You have these high profile dog/cat shows. The
"reputable"  (choke, choke - ) breeders, only "in it"
for the "betterment" of the breed. All the $$$'s
involved. Very sad.

Then you have the BYB's and the millers. Very sad.

No, it's not going to end in my lifetime. (I hate to
be such a pessimist, BUT I've seen too much, and what
I've seen, I hate.)

Gosh, I wish I'd known you 2 years ago, MC.

Actually, it's only a few days past the 2 year mark
since our shelter acquired a total of 34 persians.

One breeder busted for neglect, 21 cats seized. One
person, presumed to have been a "chickensh*t" breeder,
dumped 13  persians in the woods surrounding a shelter
volunteers' house! (Yeah, those cats did real well in
snow covered woods with temperatures below
freezing!!)

Never knew too much about the breed til then. Poor
things, we lost 4 immediately, and later lost 6 more.
Serious health issues that had never been addressed.
Females, geriatric, that had been used as "baby
machines" their entire lives!! What a mess!

These breeders/BYBs/Millers look at this as a means of
making $$$s off the flesh & blood of poor, innocent
creatures. With the way most laws are written, they
get a "slap on the hand", pay a
measly fine and then proceed to set up shop somewhere
again.

I know only too well. I am right next door to
Lancaster, Pa. and the "blood-sucking" Amish and their
puppy mills. Grrrrrr!

(It's no surprise I feel totally burnt out after all
these years, yes, and a "wee bit" bitter.)

Patti

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/