Hi People,

I've been astonished and thoroughy warmed by observing your interactions since I joined the site today.  You people are wonderful.  I have several questions, and only one suggestion.

But first, Tad, I'm so terribly sorry.  Words can't help much at a time like this.  We all wish we could help.  Grief is largely an individual form of suffering that no one can alleviate adequately.  We've been through it, too often, and we feel your pain.  A dear friend of mine, the staff manager at the large veterinary clinic we use, is undergoing the final 24 hours of her leukemic six-month-old kitten's life.  She is completely crushed, and I'm worried about her.  We have her kitten's brother.  He's been seriously ill since we took him in two months ago.  He's holding his own, but barely.  Three of our positives have died this year, euthanasia, despite all efforts to save them.

My one suggestion to everyone forcefeeding cats is that you give the cats Hi-Vite drops.  They're made by Evsco Pharmaceuticals, and are only available through vets.  I have a twenty-four-plus-year-old cat (relinquished to me last year) who eats only babyfood and steak, and these vitamin drops have helped to keep him alive and healthy.

This cat is on a half-tab of Prednisone per day to stimulate his appetite.  I am keenly interested in your many suggestions for appetite stimulants, particularly non-steroidal forms for our positives.  (Shadow is negative.)  You've mentioned Megase, Periactin, and Amitryptilline (which has been explained).

What is "FelK"?

I'll buy us some Diarsanyl for diarrhea, slippery elm, Tropi Clean shampooes, and Benebac.

Thanks,
Presto