I'm glad to see that someone is taking this kitten.  I have a blind kitten (now 6 months old) that I took in to foster and she is wonderful, fostering is over, we would never give her up.  She and her sister (not blind) chase each other around the whole house and she plays with toys just like any other cat and knows where the litter boxes anand where the food is.  She jumps up on the furniture and the bed and jumps down with no problem, the jumping down took a while to learn.  I recently took in 2 feral kittens to socialize and they are in a large crate that sits on a card table in my living room.  Grace, the blind kitty, wants to play with them and the crate is close enough to the couch so she can get up to the crate.  Lately she has taken to climbing up on top of the crate and laying there and she jumps down to the rug with no problem, the top of the crate is 5 feet off the floor.  I'd say there isn't much see can't do except see.

Gary
----- Original Message -----
From: catatonya
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:43 AM
Subject: FYI: Blind Kitten at Coweta/Newnan Shelter-here is the latest I have

cpqcpq6 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: "cpqcpq6" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 23:45:12 -0000
Subject: [kittycityrescue] FYI: Blind Kitten at Coweta/Newnan Shelter

I called the shelter today and spoke with both the animal control
sargent, and the humane society representative. The kitten is being
quarrantined per regulation because she bit someone. It's ridiculous,
yes we, and they, know that. But that's the rule. They will keep her
in isolation for 10 days to make sure she doesn't have rabies.
Whenever an animal is turned in for biting (and no rabies tag), that's
what happens.

I told them I would come and get her on the day she is released.
That's this coming Thursday, Dec. 15. If anyone else was thinking of
taking her, please let me know because on the one hand, I have many,
many animals, and it is always better (especially for a special needs
animal) to have fewer in the household.  But on the other hand, I have
had a blind cat, so I know how to care for her.

I thought I would post this to see if anyone had an intention of
trying to adopt this kitten, and also to let you know that she WILL
have a home come Thursday--one way or the other.

When it comes to saving the life of an animal, trust no one other than yourself!!  DO NOT THINK SOMEONE ELSE WILL DO IT!!!