I like L-Lysine.  You can administer it by mixing it in food.  It comes in capsules which you can open and mix.  I would say 500 mg. of L-Lysine once a day.  I had bought some in free form and it was more granular than powder which they don't like so be careful if you find in free form that it is powdery.  Good luck -- PAT

Marissa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Well Jake has fully regained his appetite, and the diarrhea is getting better.  Still not totally solid but its getting there.  The vet game me i/d food and it seems to be helping, and I also got him benebac and Diarsanyl, thanks to the suggestions of this group.

He still has been coughing and sneezing so I want to try to address that as well.  People mentioned Lysine to me, but I was wondering how you administer it, and how much to give.  I have seen it in drug stores in pill form -- do you crush it or does it come in powder as well?  How much do you give and for what duration?  Any other suggestions for URIs?  He is doing great otherwise -- playful troublemaker and cute as can be!

Thanks so much for all of your help, I really appreciate it!  (So does Jake)

Marissa

Yahoo! Shopping