Hi Janet,

That simple act of rescue can certainly become
complicated.

I joined this list months ago after trapping a litter
of feral positive kittens.  I was looking for sound
advice, which I got, and I should really sign off the
list now since I can't keep up with the volume of
emails but I hang on because this is the most
sensitive, caring, THINKING list of people who love
cats, so you couldn't have landed in a better place.

That said, having seen too many hard-luck moms
actually look grateful to have someone take over the
care of yet another litter, I spay pregnant females in
precarious positions for the mother's sake and the
fact that there are already so many healthy, homeless
kittens (and cats) out there already.  Not a perfect
answer, but one that makes sense to me, for now.

Janine