Hello Chandra,
As I was reading your post about Buddha's behavior, (responding to your husband better), I was thinking that he may be preparing himself for the transition, then when you said how uncharacteristic it is of him, and how his personality seems to have changed... My Grace did the same thing and even after I figured out that she was "disconnecting" from this plane and spending more time "out of her body", it still hurt so much to not be able to cuddle and comfort her. She just didn't want it. I respected her wishes and she rewarded me with one final loving connection when we were in the vet's office waiting to help her cross over. It may just be that Buddha is in a great deal of discomfort, but it might also be that he feels your energy desperate for him to stay and he just isn't able to handle it. I so feel for you, you've been such a good mom and I'm certain that Buddha loves you very much. It's so hard to let go, whenever the time comes, our time together is never long enough. I so very much hope I'm wrong and I'm praying for a long and happy remission.
Much love to you,
Nina