I sure hope it works out and the balding spots may be some type of allergy or even stress.

I'm sure she knows somethings up, cats are very sensitive to their poeple and she knows something is going on and is probably stressed out about it. You may want to take time and tell her that even though she will not be with you for the next year or so, you are still her family and you will be back for her. Explain that it is because of your work that you will be apart, but you will be thinking of her always and checking on her to see how she is doing. Picture all this in your mind when you talk to her, "the leaving, and coming back for her especially". Keep thinking of it as a positive experience with a happy outcome of being reunited when you get home and she will settle down.

--
Belinda
Happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties ...
http://www.bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candle Light Service
http://www.bemikitties.com/cls

HostDesign4U.com  (affordable hosting & web design)
http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs (non-profit web sites)
http://bmk.bemikitties.com