MIchelle, I honestly don't know if the SE effects the
PH, but I'm pretty sure grain does.

When Benjamin blocked, I got really scared about what
to feed him.  I really didn't like the vet-recommended
food but I needed someone I respected to tell me it
was OK to take the jump and feed him raw, so I sent
Michelle at www.blakkatz.com an email.  She's so smart
about why to feed a raw diet, and she replied, and I
took the jump. And sure enough, all of it makes
perfect (common) sense.

Benjamin is a tough cat to handle, (biker in a
previous life) and horrible at the vet.  They sedated
him, put in the catheter, IV's, E - collar and next
morning, he had removed EVERYTHING, and was really,
really mad - they were relieved when I took him home -
bad candidate to make a mistake on!

But, it's the idiopathic cystitis I'm more confident
using SE on, not the high Ph kind.  The high Ph and
crystals is what I'd feed the raw diet for tho.  And
once they start eating it, it's a big hit.  We used to
make a huge bowl of it, plop it out to all the dishes,
it was gone in 5 minutes.  The big bonus when you have
a lot of cats to feed, is the litter boxes are so much
easier to clean, so much less smell!!! and much less
waste cuz they are actually using what they are
eating.  And they don't drink as much water either,
because they don't need to, which, as desert animals,
is how they are supposed to be.

I used to use Feline Future and I think it's fine.  I
eventually followed the whole chicken leg diet, bone
and all through the grinder from catnutrition.org.

I'd also retest his urine at home with those little
pellets in a plastic jar.  I understand nerves can
make the Ph higher too and vets = nerves.   I thought
I heard something about Ph strips once but don't
remember where.  I would think at-home Ph watch would
be a good idea, for peace of mind if nothing else.

I don't know why the SE wouldn't soothe irritated
membranes even if it was high Ph and crystals and I
think if I go through that again, I would try it.

It just doesn't make any sense that all these cats
would have so many UTI, diabetes, middle age kidney
failure, thyroid, -and-everything-else- problems and
they've been on the planet for thousands years.  Why
would nature make an animal like that?  I think it's
how we feed them. And maybe over vaccinating too?

As far as Evo, the dry food without grain, well, it's
still dry and I still don't like it.  If you pour a
little water over Evo, won't the Evo suck the water
up?  So what happens in a cat's (desert-evolved) body?

Sorry so long, just bugs me!

Janine