Poem for Little Tidge

We found each other wandering - I gave you shelter from the storm

The misfortunes life had dealt you left you frightened and withdrawn

Our lives combined, our love grew strong, and you knew that you were saved

From past neglect and heartache when love was all you ever craved

Now I’m left in turmoil, trying hard to comprehend

The reasons why god took away my very special friend

I know you had to leave me and that was meant to be

And I hope that in the place you are, from pain you will stay free

I look around each day for you in hope that you’ll appear

It hurts so much to face the truth that you’re no longer here

Your unexpected passing left me broken and destroyed

When your cruel unfair departure left an overwhelming void

Not a day goes by when I don’t pray to keep you safe from harm

Then I pray your spirit finds me to help me calm my inner storm

My late departed friend, I don’t think I’ll ever understand

Why you, still young and innocent, were taken from this land

I know that you would not desire me harbour such dismay

So forgive my times of weakness but you are in my heart to stay

My life must now continue much in the way it did before

Though without you here beside me, for a while I will feel poor

Despite these dismal feelings I can recall how rich I’ve been

Because the day I found you wandering was when my heart began to beam

Please know how much I love you, and I’m glad our paths did cross

The short time that we shared will never be a loss

And friend I ask please wait for me for one day I’ll return

To comfort and protect thee - but for now our hearts must yearn

Heaven and earth may hinder until my time is done

But with togetherness our future, our souls are destined to be one

Michelle Lomax (April 2005)

It's amazing how creativity comes out with emotion but writing the poem whilst painful was also cathartic. I guess much of the poem applies to all of us at some point.
Hope you enjoy it xx Michelle, Buddy, Minstrel & Angel Bramble