Hi Neil,
I am going through exactly this with my bailey, he is also anemic and just had a bone marrow aspirate yesterday. Take a deep breathe and then read on:

Has your furchild been tested for hemobartenella, it is the cause of anemia in positives more often than not, and just so you know, it is VERY hard to detect, even with tests. Ask your vet to give you doxocycline, it will not hurt your kitten and may save her life if the anemia is hemo related. My Bailey is not positive for this, he has been tested 4 or 5 times, but I am giving him doxy anyway just to be safe.

I am also supplementing Bailey with pet tinic an iron supplement. Is kitty eating, if not start syringe feeding right away, kitty needs to be strong to have a chance to fight whatever is going on.

What tests have been done so far other than the FeLV test?

There is a recipe for the liver shake in the archives, some kitties really like it.

Bailey is taking epogen and had a bone marrow aspirate to find out what is causing his anemia since it isn't hemo. He is doing OK for the time being, and I will have the results of the BM aspirate in 3 to 5 days.

I sure hope it is hemo because this is pretty easily treated and can be kept under control, the other options are not as easily treated and the outcomes not as good ... there is always hope though and I do believe in miracles!!

--
Belinda
Happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties ...
http://www.bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candle Light Service
http://www.bemikitties.com/cls

HostDesign4U.com  (affordable hosting & web design)
http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs (non-profit web sites)
http://bmk.bemikitties.com