You know, I seem to remember seeing somewhere, when I was researching dental problems in cats, that it can cause pica, which is the licking concrete thing.  I am not sure, though-- I have researched so many things lately that it could have said IBD or something else other than dental problems is a cause of pica and I am remembering it wrong. But it is worth doing a search on cat, dental or teeth, and pica.

Michelle