Aww Rebecca, I'm so sorry about your bunny. They're such sweet, fragile creatures. Please try not to beat yourself up for not rushing her to the vet. She went so quick. She may have passed even with bringing her in and then you might have been beating yourself up thinking that it was the stress of the visit that sent her over. All we can do is the best we can do. Sometimes it's just not within our power to save our little friends.

It sounds like you're on the right track in doing everything possible to ensure Wowie stays healthy. Let us know what happens with this new vet. Bless you sweetie, I'm so sorry about your Angel bunny,
Nina

veggiepugs wrote:

Patti and Nina-
Quickly I just have to point out that "pom poms" had me laughing pretty
hard...now onto the big stuff...

As far as Wowie's eye issue goes, it didn't look TERRIBLE but something was off
with it, because he was squinting with his right eye and the upper and lower
lid looked bright pink. No, there was no discharge cloudy or otherwise, but his
eye was teary. It just looked swollen though because it was kind of closed and
the other looked fine. The dr gave me ointment, I'm not sure of the name, it's
in a yellow tube, which he told me to treat BOTH eyes with because he said it
can catch from one eye to the other. It doesn't look infected, but I wanted to
nip it in the bud in case it was something serious I didnt want to wait.  I'm
kicking myself and so upset for doing that already with my rabbit because
stopped stopped eating on Monday night and I said, if she's not eating
tomorrow, I'm calling the vet. I came home for lunch yesterday and she was
gone. She had only just passed beacuse when i picked her up, she was still
warm. I spent my entire lunch break crying and hugging her. Had her
cremated last night. But that's another story, I'm going to start crying if I get into it any further and I"m at work. Needless to say, yesterday was NOT a good day between that and me being panicked about Wowie.
I agree I need to find a new vet and I have already made an appointment with a
widely renouned(sp?) vet named Jennifer Saver. She was EXCELLENT with my
rabbits and small animals and specializes in small animals and bigtime with
cats. I can't believe I didn't think of it. I had to go to this vet I'm goign
to because I've been going through a VERY rough time financially and they were
the only vets who accepted care credit. I have some extra cash coming in now
though and I want to go see her. She's calling me back this evening so I can
talk to her before I go see her, about Wowie. From the caring and compassion
she showed when my guinea pig Pipsqueak died, I have always felt comfortable
with her. Her practice is called Catnip and Carrots and she specializes first
and foremost in Cats and Rabbits, also sees other small animals. She does NOT
see dogs. Anyhow I got an appointment for a second opinion with her on Saturday
the 11th. I am actually excited to talk to her because I am sure she
will be the one to care for Wowie's health as it should be and guide me on being a more knowledgeable and good guardian to Wowie just as you all have. Thank you SO much.
NO, he did not say anything about grades of heart murmurs and I wouldn't have
known anything about it if I hadn't read your posts. I will definitely keep you
posted!

Thank you SO much! Hugs,
Rebecca