Thank you all for your prayers for Buster...I had to go out of town for the day so I left him with the vet over night...So here is all I know at this point when she called me last night...
His PCV was 21..not so good.
Liver enzymes were elevated and white count was low.
Kidney functions were good and so was the thyroid panel..all normal...so that is a relief since he is almost 14..
She seems to think that it could be pancreatitis...I think he is coming home with baytril and pred for now along with some other supplements that I need to add..Also a change in diet, I bet...
He is losing his hearing, too..He did seem to enjoy the ride today unlike my others...He hasn't even really acted sick, just didn't look right to me...
She did say she was going to give him adequan for his hip problem to see if that would help it some...He may have jumped down and hurt that some way..It might not have anything to do with all this other...
Any suggestions on a good liver diet would be appreciated..I don't have any experience with this problem at all..
I will post his test results later today when I get them..
Head butts to all,
Kerry, Bandy, Buster and Lil Rascal