From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of shana tarver
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 6:21 PM
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Hi, I'm New to the Group

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the group. We found a beautiful sweet little kitty in our yard 3 wks ago that we named Audrey. She behaved like a feral cat the first week we had her but is now a complete love. She purrs when she hears your voice and jumps into your lap for pets. She has had both the ELISA and IFA test and sadly both have come back positive. She is 1 yr old (although she's tiny, 6 lbs) and in perfect heath. We have 2 others cats that are negative (we have kept her in a separate room). We just received the results of the IFA today and we are heartbroken. We were hoping the ELISA was a false pos. Our vet said there is really nothing we can do to help her. My Mother in Law has offered to give her a home and has no other cats. I would love suggestions on our next step with her and any success stories you may have. Also, we need to have her spayed but I am worried about doing it. Any thoughts?

thanks so much,

Shana - Toulouse, Pollock and Audrey