Buster went for another PCV and total protein on Thurs...His PCV was about the same around 21, but the total protein is around 5 now..So his vet upped the pred to 20mg a day..divided..Does anyone know why the total protein would be dropping or so low?  He seems to feel much better and is eating on his own now...I saw him go eat some dry food Thurs. before I took him to the vet..He ate some i/d wet food, too..
Here is his blood work from last week:
ALB  3.5 (2.2-4.4 G/DL)
***ALP +169 (10-90 U/L)
***ALT +763 (20-100 U/L)
***AMY +1255 (300-1100 U/L)
TBIL 0.6 (0.1-0.6 MG/DL)
BUN 20 (10-30MG/DL)
CA+++ 9.4 (8.0-11.8 MG/DL)
PHOS 3.6 ( 3.4-8.5MG/DL)
CRE 1.0 (0.3-2.1MG/DL)
GLU 102 (70-150 MG/DL)
NA+ 145 (142-164 MMO/L)
K+ 4.6 (3.7-5.8 MMO/L)
TP 7.4 (5.4-8.2 G/DL)
GLOB 3.9 (1.5-5.7 G/DL)
Feline Hematology (CBC)
***WBC -3.59 (5.0-18.0 m/mm3)
*** RBC -3.14 (4.09.0 m/mm3)
*** MCV +69.4 (35.5-55.0 fl)
*** HCT -21.7 (24.0-45.0 %)
***MCHC -25.3 (28.0-40.0 g/dl)
***RDW +14.1 (8.0-12.0)
*** Hb -5.5 (9.5-15.0 g/dl)
***PLT
***MPV +7.8 (4.0-7.0 fl)
Feline thyroid profile
T4 1.7 (1.5-4.8 UG/DL)
Diagnosis:  anemia
Rule out :  Hepatic Failure and/or hepatitis

He is on baytril and pred 20mg daily...He received another B-vitamin injection today.
Any help with all this blood work would be appreciated..I did leave off some of the CBC as it was all in the normal range.. He goes back for another blood test next Tues..
Thanks so much,
Kerry, Bandy, Buster and Lil Rascal