I'm pretty sure he meant if the cat was vacinnated against FIV, not FeLV. I haven't heard anyone talking about FeLV vaccinated cats testing positive, but the Fiv vaccine will definately make them test positive for FIV and the worst part is that the vaccine is ineffective against the most common strain of FIV in the US.

Gary.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karolyn Lount" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "lynne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 6:28 AM
Subject: FeLV + test results

I learned something the other day I did not know. If a cat is vaccinated
against getting FeLV all its life it will test positive. So it could
very well be that a rescue cat that tests positive is not. This is what
my new vet told me. I feel this all the more reason not to put down
those that test positive.

This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System.
http://www.nod32.com