What super news!!  Thank you for taking Switters!!

Tad Burnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Switters is here !!!
Switters is the FeLV+ kitty from New Orleans that was looking for a home
He got to ride all the way to Vermont in a van that was also bringing
several
other animals up this way.... It took several days.. a day longer
because the
Blizzard of 2006 got in-between here and there...30 inches in NYC and
across Penn..
Only a 1/2 inch up here.... He didn't seem particularly stressed but
wanted out
of his carrier... He kept reaching through the bars and tugging on my
sleeve...
When we got home I set him on the bed where my cats came by to sniff and
nobody objected so I let him out... He hissed a few times when others
got too
close but that was it... Jett took over his blanky bed that came with
him but
he has tried out all their sleeping places as well and he jumps down and
claims
his blanky when Jett gets off...

I had forgotten what its like to get a young cat in such good condition..
All my cat have been homeless short timers for the last 3 years...
Jen did all the work this time...He must have been just a baby when the
hurricane hit and I understand he was still in the flooded part when they
rescued him a long time after the storm so I am sure he wasn't the beautiful
cat that he is now....
It would be interesting to hear more of the details of his New Orleans
experience... Don't you wish he could tell his story....
He is loved here already and he along with all the rest of my FeLV+ are
a little on the chubby side... I am thinking that is a good sign as all
the ones
I have lost have not put on weight inspite of a good appetite... I guess
that's
a sign that there is a cancer in there some where and wouldn't it be
nice if the
ones I have left now will get a good long life.. Keep the paws crossed...

Tad and Marie