What did Taz not wake up from? surgery or a scan or something else? I had not heard of any positives getting the lymphoma in their brains before, so this was truly a shock to me. But it sounds like it happened to Taz too. I'm sorry.  They did not tell me that this was a risk of the anesthesia for the MRI-- they just said it was light anesthesia when I asked. Afterwards they said it happens so rarely, just to a small percentage of cats with really large brain tumors, and they did not know she had one of those until she was already under for the scan. But Gray says, and it is probably true, that if they had warned us of a 3% risk of her never waking up from the scan, we probably would have done it anyway, because the risk sounds small and they had said that whatever they found in the MRI could probably be treated in some way but that they had to know what it was in order to treat it. I am just so sorry, even if that is true, that her last waking hour was being transported by people she did not know to the MRI center and being knocked out there. She was a friendly cat, and not fearful generally, so I hope it was not terrible. But when I brought her back to the ER the third time, at midnight on Sunday, she gave such a cry when we got inside that I worried she was scared and upset to be back there.  But she seemed like she was dying at home, and they said that she perked up there from the IV drip and the drugs they gave her, and that before they transported her for the MRI they let her walk around a bit, and though she was walking in circles due to the tumor, she still walked over to a cage with a puppy in it and wanted to see the puppy.  I hope she could hear us while she was unconscious at the end, and knew that we were there with her and had not abandoned her.  Most of my animals have died at home, and it is very hard to know that her last day was spent at a hospital in a cage with strangers.  The tech at the MRI place told me that as she put Ginger under for the scan, she held her and kissed her and pet her as she fell asleep.  I don't know if that comforted Ginger, since she did not know her, but I hope that it did. I am so worried that she thought we had abandoned her there.  If I had known the MRI was in a different facility, I think I would have asked if I could transport her there myself. But I thought it was in the same building, and was waiting for the results, and for her to come out of the anesthesia, before going to visit her.  But she never did.

It is really hard not having her here. It feels so strange, the house feels so wrong. I had been hoping to be here in this new house longer before having to feel this way about it. I'm glad she had the 7 months here though. She loved the stream behind it, and she got to live in the house with us. At our old house, my positives lived in a free-standing garage converted to studio, with a yard and all, but I had to go out to it to spent time with them, and though Gray was always complaining that I was out there all the time, it still did not feel like a lot, or like living in the house with them. They lived in there because we had three rambunctious large dogs in the house, and a negative cat, and I adopted 6 positives and that was the only set-up Gray and I could agree on, and I thought they were freer from stress than having to deal with the dogs, who scared some of them.  But here they live in the house with us (our negative lives in our bedroom, much to his chagrin), and I would sleep with them in the guest room sometimes, and they seem happier to me. So I am glad Ginger got to be here for half a year, anyway.  Though she always seemed happy in MA too, since the world was her toybox and she had Simon and her yard and lots of toys.  I could never find any of the medicine bottles because no matter where I put them she would find them and roll them around their little house until they got stuck under furniture.  I would have to crawl around looking for them under things so I could medicate whoever was sick, and Ginger would follow me around while I did that, finding it very interesting that I was crawling on the floor.

Michelle