-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Belinda Sauro
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 12:50 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Belinda and Bailey

       Hi Nina,
    Bailey is hanging in there, I took him to emergency Sunday night he
was breathing hard and fast, his nostrils were flaring and it scared
me.  When we finally saw the vet he was a bit better, and he had a fever
of 104.2.  She listened to his lungs and said he was getting air at a
bit of a diminished rate, she said his gums are nice and pink, he was
slightly dehydrated but she didn't think he was in crisis and said she
could do an xray to check for fluid or I could wait and take him to my
regular vet in the morning.  Since he was better already I decided to
see my regular vet in the morning, the ER vet gave me baytril for the
fever, she wanted to put him on clavamox, but I didn't want to chance
diarrhea again after our 2 week ordeal earlier so I asked if we could go
with something else and she choose baytril.

The next morning his fever was down to 103.4, so heading in the right
direction, and we did more xrays which showed nothing new, no fluid or
discernable tumors.  I'm giving him fluids daily now instead of every
other day.  He is gaining a tiny bit of weight so that is good, I feed
him every 4 hours (not sure if you know he has a feeding tube).  His
muscle wasting is not getting any worse, I can't say if it is getting
better but it isn't getting worse.  In the last couple of days he has
been moving around a bit more, still sleeps alot but that from what I
understand is part of this syndrome (official diagnosis is myeloid
dysplastic).  So I guess we are hanging in there.  We have a vet
appointment tomorrow to check his temp again, and in two weeks to check
bloodwork again.

--
 Belinda
Happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties ...
http://www.bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candle Light Service
http://www.bemikitties.com/cls

HostDesign4U.com  (affordable hosting & web design)
http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs (non-profit web sites)
http://bmk.bemikitties.com