Hello everybody.  I wrote a few days ago about a cat
with leukemia that needs a home.  I was contacted
today about yet another one.  I told the guy it really
doesn't look good for me placing this cat as I didn't
get anybody interested in the other one but I promised
I'd give it a try.  So this is the info on the newest
one.

The kitty is named Figero.  He is a grey tiger with
white feet, a white stomach and a white chest.  He is
very sweet and loveable.  He was born March 2005 and
the owner claims he tested him in September at which
point the cat tested negative.  He took the cat to the
vet today for gum problems and the cat tested
positive.
He claims the cat doesn't go outside but was found
living outdoors in September and must have been leuk
positive at the time but tested negative.  The cat is
up-to-date on all his vaccines, is neutered, flea
treated, treated for worms, etc.  I asked the guy why
he doesn't keep the cat but he claims his mother and
his shih tzu died recently and he just can't take any
more loss.  I tried to convince him that this is not a
death sentence but he refuses to let the cat "suffer"
and will euthanize him if I can't place him.  I don't
understand why people don't want to give these cats a
chance!  Anyways, as promised I'm looking to see if
anybody has a home for this cat, the other one below,
or both.  Please let me know if anybody can help.  I
know we are all full as I would love to take these two
myself but just can't in my current situation.

The cat I posted earlier in the week is also an only
cat.  He tested positive a ways back and the owner
decided to keep the cat but now that she is pregnant
she wants to put the cat to sleep.  She is letting the
cat outdoors knowing that he is leuk positive because
she doesn't want to clean litter pans and is not
touching the cat or going near him because she is
afraid for her baby.  His name is Shadow.  He's about
1 1/2 years old.  He's grey, has his current rabies
shot, and received flea treatment within the last few
weeks.  He enjoys sitting by the fire and playing.

As always, I'll arrange transport if anybody has a
home for these cats.  I've been looking into
sanctuaries but
haven't had much luck and neither owner wants the cat
to go to a sanctuary.  Why they'd rather euthanize,
I'll never understand.

Amy Weygandt
Woof Wagon
www.woofwagon.com