Heehee!  The little pond actually started out as just a fountain with a
couple of fake flowers...I was getting tired of cleaning it out every
week because of the algae growth (and couldn't use an algae killer
because a couple of the neighborhood cats like to use the fountain as
their own personal "watering hole"... ;)  )!

Anyhoo, I was at Home Depot and discovered they had live water lilies
for sale!  Well, that jump-started my curiosity as to what else I could
put in the little pond!  I found a great website:

http://familyfun.go.com/parenting/learn/activities/feature/famf010302_summer/famf010302_fishpond.html

It explained how to build your own little inexpensive, self-sustained
water garden!  I'm surprised by how obsessed I've become with it!  ;)
It really is a treat...fortunately, our front window sits close to the
ground, so I put the pond just in front of it for all to see!  So
whenever I'm working on my computer (which is right next to the window)
and start getting stressed, I can just look over at the little goldfish
and space out for a moment!  :)

"But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be
unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world; You
become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed..." --Antoine de
Saint-Exupéry

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
each other.  If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what
you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys." --Chief Dan
George