After getting frantic "pleas" for animals In Ingham County, Mi. several years ago, I learned "all about" this policy that many shelters in Michigan have regarding selling animals to research facilities........
IT MAKES ME SICK!!!
They claim they do it for revenue, to keep operating.  A "necessary evil".  That the cost of euthanasia/cremation would be too much of a financial burden.

My opinion of that "lame" statement - Bull Sh*t!!!!

Seriously, it's nothing more tha greed and ignorance and arrogance, that's all.

I've worked with  many very poor rural shelters, many in the south.
And, when I say "poor", these areas are so poor, it makes me feel like I am living in Beverly Hills.
However, these rural, understaffed, overcrowded shelters DO NOT resort to selling animals for $$$$$

AND - Guess why????
Because it is NOT allowed in these states, along with many others.
Yep, it's been considered "illegal" to sell pound seizures.
Google, and you will see which states STILL allow this atrocity!!
Mind-boggling!
We don't need to use animals for research.... Egads, where is all this "new" testing technology???

My point, it is still LEGAL in Michigan....(and other states).
Something needs to be done on the legislative level to STOP THIS ATROCITY!!!!

So, Michigan residents, FIGHT!!!  Speak your voice!  Write letters! Join AAVS or NAVS!!  Start a "grass roots" campaign......  NEVER SAY NEVER!!!
This MUST stop!

What a sad reflection of the society we live in.
Makes me so very ashamed..........

Patti