I have two FIV+ cats and I have been told not to vaccinate them against FeLV.  I personally am reluctant to take in an FeLV+ cat because of these two boys, as well as a couple of seniors, and the constant stream of foster kittens.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Guys!

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to keep up with list as much as I would
like...seems I can't get a break lately!

I just have a quick question for those who care for both FeLVs and
FIVs...I just found out that a stray guy that we took in a bit ago is
FIV+! This actually wasn't surprising to me as he seemed to have a few
health issues that just weren't clearing up! He's been hanging out in
our spare room w/ all the amenities but I'd like to let him join the GP,
if that is at all possible! My vet wasn't at all concerned...she
actually has a FIV guy who mingles with her crew...but she says that she
separates food and water dishes as a precaution. Well, I don't know how
easy that would be for me...food is left out round the clock and
everybody shares the water bowl!

So I guess I'm just looking for a little advice from those who care for
both...do you mix? It would be some time before he'll join the gang as
we need to address his health issues first (bad stomatitis for which he
has a "dental" scheduled next week--I wouldn't be surprised if a few
teeth need to be pulled!)...But all-in-all, he's the sweetest guy...so
mellow and only asks that you pet him 24/7... ;)

Thanks so much, guys!

Jen

"But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be
unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world; You
become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed..." --Antoine de
Saint-Exupéry

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what
you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys." --Chief Dan
George