Its sad but true that a number of shelters did get monies but somehow never told anybody about it—again, a minority.  I found more often than not that the smaller places didn’t know about monies available….

What about AlleyCat Allies, could they help you out?

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 4:38 AM
To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Question about "home" test kits-/
Chris

In a message dated 5/1/06 11:51:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

You know, shelters can receive reimbursement for all those expenses.. including HW treatment….

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they do know and did get reimbursed....

A lot has changed from the first day I became involved with this shelter, especially since the founder married. And, due to personal health problems has given almost all of her involvement over to her spouse.

Don't get me wrong, this is a GREAT shelter/sanctuary.  The work they do is amazing. They've been able to save thousands of poor souls.  They have GROWN. BUT.....w/ hubby having so much "control", well, things are really different, and some great philosophies have changed.

And, personally I DO have a problem with HIM driving around in a Corvette when her philosophy had always been LIVE SIMPLY SO OTHERS MAY SIMPLY LIVE.

Maybe I'm just old, and burnt out.

But, heavens, if I'm willing to pay their cost for the kits, foster the animals( including paying all other expenses), adopt them out and then give THEM the adoption fee, well, I just don't get it....

Rescue really does get in your blood.....

Maybe I need a transfusion.

Patti