Same story here.  Cats had been living together for at least 4 months before I found one was positive.  I had 12 I think at the time.   None of my negatives ever turned positive.  Adopted a new positive and same story.  Some of my cats have lived nearly their entire lives (the older ones) with a positive, and they are all negative.

Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I can understand what you’re feeling.  My Tucson tested neg when I got her as a kitten and years later tested pos.  She’d been an indoor cat all her life and not been exposed.  Two vets told me that the Elissa can produce a false neg in kittens as timing is the key with kittens.  Anyway, I had 3 other non-vaccinated cats that Tucson lived with all that time—two of them had come in after her as kittens.  They all tested neg and I got them vaccinated.  There was no way I could or would separate the ‘family’ and its been OK…..

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ntigat
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 3:37 AM
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: What can I do?

After a year, a female cat that I foster on my home that was in the first test FELV -, I
retested again and the result was FELV +. I repeat the test because I
notice that in the clinic that I made the first test, some of the
results was FALSE NEGATIVE. They use a kit that never produces FELV +

My question is: what can I do with the rest of the cats of my home?
Retest them? If one of the cat is FELV– can I vaccinate him? What
about the FELV +? I can't separate them because I have not space to do that.

Thanks in advance,

Virginia

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com