Hi Elizabeth,

I'm sorry that you and your cat (MK?) are going through this, but it does sound like you're doing the right things. I think you should consider testing and vaccinating the other cats. I'd definitely test everyone, but the vax part is a bit more iffy. You won't deal with that decision until the other felines come back as negatives. If it's possible to isolate MK without too much stress to her and everyone else, that might also be something to consider as a temporary measure until you figure out the status of the other cats.

Nutrition is important, and "Chicken Soup..." seems to be a pretty good brand of food. My FeLV+ girl has been on their dry food and on Innova EVO canned. We'll probably be going to an all Innova EVO diet this weekend or early next week (our "Chicken Soup..." is about to run out). My Ember is also on Transfer Factor (the feline version), and while I don't know if it's helping anything yet (she has not begun to show symptoms yet), it doesn't seem like it could hurt.

I'll be interested to hear more about what you see happening with the Acemannan. It sounds like it's helping out your girl. My vet doesn't seem to think much of it, but I was also pretty interested in it. We're using low dose human interferon (1cc/day; 5 days on/5 days off). Ember tolerates it just fine, and it is non-invasive. Before she realizes that anything is going on, we've gotten the interferon down her throat, and she'll often just stay cradled in my arms for half a minute afterwards.

Please keep coming back here with any questions you have, and keep us updated on how your feline family members are doing. Take care.

Lance