From: Nina
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2006 7:46 PM
Subject: Re: o/t help--injured bird!

Hey Kerry,
Looking for rehabers in your area I came across "Chicago Bird Collision Monitors".  These folks have organized to help migratory birds that become disoriented, crash into the glass buildings and become injured.  If they can't help, I'm betting they'll have numbers for rehaber in your area.  Their hotline number for folks that have found injured birds is: 773-988-1867.  They also list Flint Creek Wildlife Rehab: 847-602-0628, and Willowbrook Wildlife Center: 630-942-6200.
Nina

Kerry MacKenzie wrote:
Help--does anyone have any advice on helping injured sparrow I just found on my porch? Should I take it to emergency services? I leave town tomorrow morning so have no way to look after him/her after that.