I've heard that using it for intestinal worms is just BS. I couldn't say for sure but the explanation I've seen on how it supposedly works would make me think it is BS. The claim is that the sharp edges of the earth pierce the exoskeleton of the worm (worms don't have exoskeletons) and then the worms die of dehydration (while swimming in a wet environment). If the earth is sharp enough to cut the worms, why wouldn't it cut the intestines?

Gary
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: Subject: OT - Flower Essences (diatomaceous earth forflea control)

You really don't want to inhale much of it, but I've used it before on
carpets, etc. to kill fleas.  Farmers often give the food-grade DE to
cattle to kill any intestinal parasites...also works well on fire ants!  ;)

"But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be
unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world; You
become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed..." --Antoine de
Saint-Exupéry

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
each other.  If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what
you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys." --Chief Dan
George

"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." --Blade Runner