HI Phaewryn,

My mom did have to do some digging around in her fur to find the flea dirt. Mattie is a shih tzu with long, long hair. My dad checked Mattie over and never found fleas. Very strange. I read just yesterday that if we had gotten a sample of the flea dirt, we could have put it on a damp paper towel to see if it exhibited a red halo when wet. I think Mattie has been all brushed off, though, so we can't perform that particular check.

I'm hoping to find gentler options for keeping Ember flea-free in the future.

Lance