I just want to add a note that if you do try Depo-Medrol, and don't get a good response, definitely try prednisolone (injectable prednisone). I noticed that someone else posted that their cat had been give pred. (along with chemo) and had good results. My situation was completely different than this, but Depo-Medrol did NOTHING for us while pred. saved my cat's life. The doctors will tell you that they should do the same thing, but for whatever reason, they did NOT do the same for us. Best wishes and prayers for your kitty!

Kris
http://www.spazstory.zoomshare.com
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: Treatment

Hi Julia!

I would get her to an oncologist as soon as you can...mediastinal
lymphoma (tumor in the chest cavity) is very responsive to chemo.  If
you can find an emergency vet that has vincristine in stock (one of the
chemo drugs), see if they will administer that to her...the longer her
chest fills with fluid, the harder it will be for her to breath...chemo
kicks in fast.  If you have to wait to see an oncologist, you can start
her on prednisone (a steroid) to help shrink the tumor in the
meantime...depo medrol is also another good steriod you can probably use
in an emergency until you can get her to an oncologist, as well!

You guys are in my thoughts!

Jen

"But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be
unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world; You
become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed..." --Antoine de
Saint-Exupéry

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
each other.  If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what
you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys." --Chief Dan
George

"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." --Blade Runner