-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nina
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 3:47 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: 2 littermates - one pos/one neg

It is tough when you are not in the position of being able to keep them
yourself, (and who in rescue, besides Hideyo, can keep doing that?).  We

have a couple of "foster" Chow/Husky littermates at our house.  I was
determined to keep them together too.  They are so bonded, (together
they are outgoing and social, take one out without the other, and they
are introverted and insecure).  They've been with us for months and I
finally told Bruce that we might have to consider separate homes for
them.  He looked at me and with a pout on his face as he said, "They are

home".  I guess they are.  As I just wrote earlier, I sent my little
Chiu/Terrier rescue, (Pequita, all of 7lbs soaking wet) off this morning

to her forever home.  She was a nasty little cur when she showed up at
my door and has turned into such a sweet, trusting girl, always doing
her best to understand and please.  It's so hard to part with any of
them.  Can you tell I bonded to her as much as she did to me?  (BTW,
Belinda, the EE did help me!).  Something about these two kittens... The

fact that they are only 7 weeks old and have come from a feral mom, have

been crated together through what must have been a terrifying experience

for them, I don't know...  I understand the hard decisions that have to
be made, but I'm still praying there is a way to keep them together.
Maybe I don't belong in rescue, but I still can't help leading with my
heart.
Nina