Yes, I'm very overwhelmed right now. Adoptions are so low. it's not just me,
it's
nationally, adoption rates are way down right now. I'm working out a new
program to
connect cats with local seniors at NO cost to them. I'm going to place my cats
in
good indoor senior's homes and deliver weekly food/litter supplies free for the
duration of the cat being there. My vet says this is a GREAT idea, and they
think I
will have MANY interested seniors, as they have had many seniors lose beloved
cats,
and want to adopt another, but that didn't due to cost of upkeep. They suspect
that
as soon as I get my flyers posted at their office, I will get several interested
phone calls in the program. I'm very hopeful that this option may work out in
the
long run. I don't have funding issues at all, I have space issues, so this
would be a
perfect solution for me and the cats, and also potentially VERY good for a
lonely
senior.

The ferals seem well, the ones I've seen anyways, some have disappeared... not
uncommon for relocated ferals. You can only expect a 70% survival/success rate
on
relocated colonies. The other option was a 100% death rate, so it's a good end
result, though it's far from ideal. I try to be logical about it. I REALLY miss
one
of them, and worry about him, he wasn't real feral, maybe he found a home,
that's all
I can hope for, that he is now a beloved pet somewhere... Mackenzie is his name.

Phaewryn

PLEASE Adopt a cat from Little Cheetah Cat Rescue!!!
http://ucat.us/adopt.html

DONATE: We could really use a power saw (for construction), a digital camera
(for
pictures) and HOMES for CATS!