Okay, I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here.  I've posted it enough for everyone to know that feeding Gypsy raw food saved her life.  I was also as careful as I could be in selecting meat from a source, (I bought it at Whole Foods and paid a premium price for it), that told me it was as free from hormones and additives and that it had been handled in the safest manner possible before it got to my door.  Even with all my precautions, there is a chance that it could have contained parasites, or contaminants that would have made Gypsy sick.  I didn't have a lot of options and when I made the decision to try it with Gypsy I did it with a prayer that it would be safe and help her recover.  Well, it did.

We all have to make difficult decisions and we all have to live with the consequences of those decisions.  We do the best we can and support each other through it all.  I wasn't aware that freezing simply "inactivates" microbes, bacteria, yeasts and molds, (hardly little pests!), and I'm glad that Elisabeth took the time to research it and share this info with us.  It may be the medium of email communication, but the last exchange seemed to be getting a tad testy.  This is the nicest list I've ever been on and I think one of the reasons it is, is because we all face the emotional turmoil that serious illness can stir up.  We come here to learn, share, comfort and support each other in an atmosphere of acceptance.  I for one would like to maintain the feeling of this list as a safe refuge from the pettiness of the outside world and continue to allow conflicting opinions without the fear of it leading to hurt feelings or hostility.

Perhaps that's more than 2 cents worth,
Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
why thank you - and i'm very glad you've had good results.