Even if that doesn't work, you might consider putting out some good quality (not the Wal-Mart type that has been around forever) catnip for both cats. It might mellow them out. Mime have always liked the plants (readily available in the herb sections of most garden centers). You can clip the leaves and dry them too. Places that have bulk herbs usually have catnip too.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kiley Dozier-Bosanko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 6:55 PM
Subject: Re: o/t advice needed

Kerry,
I'm not sure if this will work because Kitty probably isn't as playful as my younger kitties, but it's worth a try. When I was introducing my two kitties I made a toy out of two catnip scented mice tied together with a ribbon. I put the ribbon under a shut door with one cat in each room and one toy on each side. Every time one kitty would grab a mouse it would make the other mouse move. It really helped my cats get used to eachother, without the intimidation of being face to face. If your friend has a toy that she knows kitty really likes, it might be enough to entice her to play and it sounds like Danny is desperate for some feline comanionship.
Kiley