Buddie when she was younger would not eat anything but dry and she was picky about which dry. She wouldn't eat chicken, beef, most any table food. She did like bacon, and potatoe chips. When she got extremely over weight and I had no choice but to put her on a diet, dry was out. Dry food is the worst for cats, and I wish I could get my 2 dry food junkies off it.

To my amazement she started eating the canned all on her own, I wasn't putting out dry except in the evening, I guess she quickly decided she didn't like being hungry all day and started nibbling on the wet. After a few days of noticing her eating wet, I stopped feeding dry all together. When she was eating good and losing weight, I stupidly starting putting out dry for the 2 junkies, but Buddie never again ate the dry, she lost 5 pounds over a year and a half and was doing great until she got liver cancer shortly thereafter.

I'm still trying to get the two 2 junkies (both who by the way are overweight and the only ones who are overweight), off of the dry. Every time I decide I'm going to get my guys on better food, somebody gets sick with something really bad, I'm almost afraid to try again. Before Buddie got sick I was trying to switch all to raw. Before Bailey got sick I was trying to switch the ones who wouldn't eat raw to a better canned. And immediately after losing Bailey, Fred comes up hyperthyroid and CRF!!

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com