That is such a fabulous success story---congrats to your step-brother!
----- Original Message -----
From: gwork
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 9:21 PM
Subject: marketing ideas for Elizabeth

Just wanted to share the ideas.  My step-brother, Johnathan Rand, began writing children's stories back in '99.  He started out by going around northern MI to gas stations, gift shops, restaurants and hotels and leaving his books without asking for $ up front.  He would give them $1 for each that was sold, and take back the ones that didn't.  They began selling, esp. to tourists, and by 2003, he had over a million books in print.  Now he has over two, maybe even three, I'm not sure anymore!  He outsells Harry Potter in MI.  So if you every have the time and inclination, it might work for you, too!