Just a thought, but perhaps peat moss might work. It would track pretty bad though. I was just spreading some in the flowerbeds today, man, the ferals LOVE to poo in it! Anyways, it's a thought. Not sure how toxic peat moss is to cats, but it can't be too bad, my ferals are fine, and they poo, roll, sleep, etc in the stuff.

I tried changing the litter, but the pine I switched to may have made Lucy sick. Wheat would probably attract mice too. Clay isn't good for the cats. And I am skittish of the ink in the recycled newspaper. What to do? maybe I will try to order the kanaf litter online. Do mice eat kanaf? i don't think it is a grain, I think it is something they make paper out of, like a bamboo-type plant...
Michelle
Checked by AVG Free Edition.