From: Nina
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 1:14 AM
Subject: Re: OT - Need prayers for Ceasar please

Elizabeth, Chris and Wendy,
Thanks so much for the encouragement and prayers.  I've always felt like the ferals in my care are just as much a part of my family as the animals in my house.  We all have a connection and they trust me as far as their circumstances will allow them to.  I talked to an AC once and asked her who had left me two little dead birds as a present in between the feeding dishes.  I was upset about the birds, but I knew it was a gift of gratitude and love.  It started a couple of days after I began feeding canned food along with dry, (one of the ferals was aging and I was trying to help keep him hydrated).  The first day I saw the little dead bird I grimaced and hoped it wouldn't happen again.  The next day there was a baby mocking bird, one of my favorite types of birds, and I thanked whichever cat it was and asked that they please not do it again, I like birds better when they're alive.  I never got another baby bird present.  Anyway, when I asked the AC which of the cats had left me the presents, she told me it was the skinny intact male.  My Ceasar!
Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Prayers going up for you and Caesar, Nina.

Last year I caught the most pitiful Tom and took him to the vet.  He looked terrible.  He had large abscesses on both sides of his face, terrible sores, his ears were shredded.  What fur he did have was matted beyond belief and he had no fur on his tail.  He was quite beat up and his head and face disfigured from his battles.  He was skin and bones.  I didn't think he was going to make it but he did!   His ear will never look quite right but now he has a beautiful coat and a sweet disposition.  I named him Merlin.  A family in the neighborhood adopted him but any time he gets out he comes to my front porch.  I am hoping so much that Caesar will make it too.  Please let us know how it goes tomorrow.

elizabeth