I'm writing to see if anybody has room to take a nice
cat located in Rochester, NY.  I will arrange for
transportation if anybody has room.  I would take her
myself but I am 8 months pregnant and still very ill.
On top of that, my dog has recently been diagnosed
with bone cancer and only has weeks to months to live.
 My husband has owned him since a puppy and is
absolutely devastated since he may not make it til the
birth of our first baby.  Since Rocket's leg is awful,
I don't want to add a cat that he may play with or run
around with as he could break his leg easily.  As sick
as he is, he still thinks he is a puppy.  I have 5
cats of my own but with having to go into the hospital
soon and with having to try to care for a sick Great
Dane when I'm big as a house, I really can't stir up
the mix right now.  I'm laboring at home and having to
introduce a new cat right now could make things really
tough.  On the other hand, I think I own the brother
and sister to this cat and they are 2 of the best cats
I've ever had, both given to me by this vet.  My vet
is moving to a new house and desperately needs to
relocate this cat.  Her horse just died unexpectedly
on the 4th of July and she is heartbroken.  On top of
that, she is worried about not finding a home for this
cat.  I would love to be able to give her good news
and let her know that somebody could take this girl.
Could anybody take her in?  Please write me if you
would even consider it and we can talk.  I have a
picture of her too.  I've attached the letter from my
vet below.

Amy

Hi Amy,

I'd like to know if you can put me in touch with your
leukemia list, as I have a cat to place.  She is the
cat who lives at the barn where Sierra and Mav came
from.  Unfortunately, she has tested positive for
BOTH leukemia and FIV, confirmed with IFA & Western
blot.  She is currently very happy, seems healthy, is
receiving regular exams by me, IFN-a once a day,
regular distemper and rabies vaccines, and deworming.

She is currently living in our barn but I do not
believe she would have difficulty making the
transition inside.  The reason she still lives outside
is because she is still in contact with the cats who
made her
sick, so where's the harm.  She is very friendly, but
is only so-so excited about being cuddled (she is a
tortie).  She is a little wary of other cats, but the
cats she is currently in contact with are feral and
have bitten/chased her so I don't necessarily blame
her for being a loner.